Posted on Jul 31 2017 by Rob Steinmetz
Ingredients | Yield 18-20 servings
Prep time: 30 min
- 7 cups of cold coffee
- 4 cups mascarpone cheese
- 1 1/3 cup of whole milk
- 8 tablespoons creme fraiche or sour cream
- 12 teaspoons alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 60 ladyfingers
- 4 chocolate shavings
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Make coffee and set it aside in a large bowl to cool.
- Using a deep bowl and strong whisk or a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, mix the mascarpone, milk, crème frâiche, and vanilla extract. Add powdered sugar and mix well. It should be the consistency of pourable cream; add more milk, if needed (1/2 teaspoon at a time).
- Line the bottom of a square glass dish layer with the mascarpone-milk mixture.
- Soak each lady finger cookie one by one in the coffee for about 6-10 seconds, or until the cookie has absorbed enough coffee but it's still firm enough to set flat in the glass pan.
- Line the pan with one row of soaked cookies. Next, add the mascarpone mixture and smooth over with a spatula. Repeat this one more time, or until all of the cream and cookies have been used.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cocoa powder with the chocolate shavings. Dust the top layer of the dish with this mixture.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving, or overnight, giving it time to set.
- Cut and serve chilled either on small plates or in small cups.