The Bridge Thrift Store is open and following our regular store hours: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 10AM to 4PM and Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10AM to 7PM.
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, The Bridge Thrift Store will implement new health and safety requirements to keep guests, volunteers and staff safe and healthy. The store guidelines that will be in place include:
- Practice Social Distancing. Please stay 6 feet away from others while in the store.
- Check-Out. Please abide by signage at check-out to maintain social distancing.
- Masks Required. Face coverings for your mouth AND nose are required.
- Limit Touching. Please try to limit the number of items you handle.
- One Way Signage. Please observe social distancing and one-way aisle signage.
- Shopping Time. Be conscious that we must limit guests in the store to 30 at a time.
- Fitting Rooms. Try on clothing only if absolutely necessary. Do not return items to racks.
- Donations. We will resume drop-off days on Tuesdays and Fridays. See times below. We are not able to accept donations inside the store. See details below.
A number of physical changes and changes to protocol are also being executed in an effort to create the healthiest environment possible.
- Sneeze guards installed at cash registers and jewelry counter.
- Socially-distant check-out system in place, including limited touch credit card processing.
- Check-out keypads and surfaces will be disinfected after each transaction.
- Social distancing, one-way markers, and safety signage throughout the facility.
- Touch-free donation drops will continue only on select days until further notice.
- Donations will not be processed and/or enter the store for a minimum of 48 hours.
- Mask requirement enforced in and around the facility.
- Bathroom retrofitted with touch-free sinks, soap/towel dispensers and seat covers.
- Shopping carts sanitized after each use.
- Fitting rooms sanitized multiple times throughout the day.
- Clothing from fitting rooms left behind will be sanitized and not restocked for 72 hours.
- Number of guests allowed in store will be limited based on Illinois Retail Guidelines.
- Only new disposable shopping bags will be used until further notice.
TOUCH-FREE DONATION DROP-OFF
In July, touch-free donation drop-off will continue with modified Tuesday hours. Beginning July 7th, to accommodate those going back to work, donations will be accepted on Tuesdays from 3PM-7PM. Donations will continue to be accepted on Fridays from 11AM-4PM.
We recommend you come early as we may close donation drop-off early if our donation trailer fills up. If our trailer fills up for the day, we will post on The Bridge Thrift Store's Facebook and Instagram (@BridgeThrift) pages that donating has been closed for the day.
- Donations will not be accepted in the store at this time.
- Drop-offs will only be accepted during designated days/times, not in conjunction with store hours.
- To help process donations more efficiently, please consider pre-sorting your items. For clothing, we do not sell used underwear; damaged, stained, or faded clothing; or severely worn shoes. For other goods, we are not able to sell non-operational, damaged, or extremely dirty merchandise.
- For your safety and all those around you, we ask that all donors follow the posted donation drop-off signage.
- Special touch-free take-home receipts are available.
- All premises are under 24-hour video surveillance; dumpers will be prosecuted.
- When space permits, we will announce special “pop up” drop-off donation dates on social media.
Donation pick-ups will continue.
- The fastest way to schedule a pick-up is to email [email protected]. Please include photos of the furniture item(s).
- At this time, we will only schedule pick-ups for 3 or more pieces of furniture.
- All pick-ups are limited to a 10 mile radius from our store.
- Furniture items must be in open garages or outside before pick-up time. Our staff will not enter any homes.
- Gloves and masks will be worn; a safe social distance will be maintained.
The Bridge Thrift Store is the sister organization to The Bridge Teen Center. The mission of The Bridge Thrift Store is to provide ongoing community service and job readiness training opportunities for students as well as ongoing financial support for The Bridge Teen Center's free programs. The store currently provides 30% of the total operating budget for the teen center.
The Bridge Thrift Store accepts donation drop-offs during operating hours, and also can pick-up larger items and/or estates by appointment (pick-ups currently take place twice a week). Items NOT accepted include:
- Older TVs
- Used bed sheets and pillow cases
- Mattresses, waterbeds or box springs
- Cribs, car seats, baby furniture
The store is also always seeking volunteers and volunteer groups to assist with sorting, organizing, stocking, and more.
There's a treasure hunt every day at the store, with items in the store including:
- Home Goods
- Antiques & Collectibles
- Craft & Repurpose Items
- Tools and Hardware
- Holiday Items
- Electronics & MORE!
COMMUNITY SERVICE & JOB READINESS TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES FOR STUDENTS!
For general info or to schedule a pick-up:
Jason Marion, Store Director 708.614.6972 | [email protected]
For volunteer or student community service opportunities:
708.532.0500 | [email protected]
To apply to volunteer, please click here.
For students interested in volunteering, please complete the Student Membership Application.