The Bridge Thrift Store is the sister organization to The Bridge Teen Center. The mission of The Bridge Thrift Store is to provide ongoing community service and job readiness training opportunities for students as well as ongoing financial support for The Bridge Teen Center's free programs. The store currently provides 30% of the total operating budget for the teen center. The Bridge Thrift Store is open and following our regular store hours: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 10AM to 4PM and Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10AM to 7PM.
There's a treasure hunt every day at the store, with items in the store including:
- Home Goods
- Antiques & Collectibles
- Craft & Repurpose Items
- Tools and Hardware
- Holiday Items
- Electronics & MORE!
UPDATED COVID-19 SAFETY INFORMATION
The health and safety of our guests and team have always been a top priority throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. Given the recent updated CDC guidance, The Bridge Thrift Store will no longer require fully vaccinated guests, volunteers and team members to wear face coverings in our store. Face coverings will continue to be required for guests, volunteers and team members who are not fully vaccinated. Everyone has different levels of comfort regarding the COVID-19 virus and vaccine. We ask that everyone would be kind and respectful of other people’s perspectives and decisions regarding the vaccine. Thank you for your understanding.
TOUCH-FREE DONATION DROP-OFF
For the safety of all those donating, our Touch-Free Donation Trailer will temporarily close during periods of inclement weather consisting of rain, heavy winds and/or lightning. Our Touch-Free Donation Trailer will resume accepting donations only during days/times with more pleasant weather conditions during store hours.
To check the status of our donation trailer, give us a call Monday - Friday between 10:00am and 4:00pm at 708.532.0500. We really appreciate the donation support provided by the local community. Thank you!
- Donations are accepted Monday through Saturday during store hours only at our donation trailer located behind our store.
- We may pause accepting donations during periods of inclement weather.
- Donations will not be accepted inside the store. Please use our donation trailer behind our store during store hours.
- Furniture may be dropped-off at the "Furniture Loading" garage door located behind our building. Please ring the doorbell inside the garage door frame and we will be out to assist you.
- To help process donations more efficiently, please consider pre-sorting your items. For clothing, we do not sell used underwear; damaged, stained, or faded clothing; or severely worn shoes. For other goods, we are not able to sell non-operational, damaged, or extremely dirty merchandise.
- Other items that we are not able to accept include: older TVs, firearms, mattresses, box springs, used bed sheets & linens, water beds, cribs, car seats and other baby furniture.
- Special touch-free take-home receipts are available from the trailer after you have completed your donating.
- All premises are under 24-hour video surveillance; dumpers will be prosecuted.
Donation pick-ups will continue.
- The fastest way to schedule a pick-up is to email [email protected]. Please include photos of the furniture item(s).
- We will only schedule pick-ups for 3 or more pieces of furniture.
- All pick-ups are limited to a 10 mile radius from our store.
- All furniture items must be in open garages or outside before pick-up time. Our staff will not enter any homes.
- Our pick-up team will wear masks, unless they are vaccinated, and a safe social distance will be maintained.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & JOB READINESS TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES FOR STUDENTS!
To schedule a pick-up:
708.614.6972 | [email protected]
For general information:
708.532.0500 | [email protected]
For volunteer or student community service opportunities:
708.532.0500 | [email protected]
To apply to volunteer, please click here.
For students interested in volunteering, please complete the Student Membership Application.