Membership FAQ

How does a student become a member?

All students must complete a Student Membership Application prior to participating in any BTC programs or events. This application must also be signed by both the student and a parent/guardian.

What is the age range of teens that you serve?

The Bridge Teen Center is designed to serve students currently in 7th*-12th grade AND who are at least 12 years of age but less than 19 years of age. *Students going into 7th grade in the fall (and at least 12 years of age) can begin attending The Bridge Teen Center after 6th grade during the summer going into 7th grade.

Where can I get a Student Membership Application (SMA)?

The application is available online HERE. You may also pick-up a hard copy at The Bridge Teen Center.

Why do I need to fill out the SMA?

The SMA helps us keep The Bridge safe for our students, staff, and volunteers. The information you share about medical conditions, allergies, and emergency contacts helps maintain a safe and positive environment. Your information is never sold or shared with anyone. General demographic data from SMAs may also be used in some of the grants we submit to financially support our free programs.

Does the SMA need to be completed every year?

No, the SMA only needs to be completed one time, and is good all the way through high school. Information can be updated through the STUDENT PORTAL.

My cousin from Arizona is in town. Can he/she come with me this Friday night?

Yes! As long as he/she brings a completed SMA with them, they are welcome to attend. If a parent is not available to sign the SMA, please have their local guardian sign it.

Is it possible to update information that has changed since my SMA was submitted?

Your information can be updated online through our STUDENT PORTAL, or by calling 708.532.0500.

What students are eligible to come to The Bridge Teen Center?

The Bridge is available for students in 7th-12th grade who submit a completed SMA and meet all eligibility requirements. A student may start attending the summer before they enter 7th grade, all the way through the summer after they graduate from high school (or until their 19th birthday). Click here for complete ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS.

My student has an IEP. What should I do next?

If your student has an IEP, please call 708.532.0500 for a consultation prior to attending any Bridge programs or events.

Are there residency restrictions?

No. The Bridge Teen Center is located in Orland Park, however, students from any community may participate in our free programs and events.

Does my student need any money when they attend Bridge programs/events?

If a student does not have a completed and signed SMA, there is a $5 cover charge on Friday nights. This charge is only in place to encourage students to get their SMA submitted. Other than that, the only thing a student would need money for is beverages ($1-$2), snacks (25 cents-$1.50), and Bridge apparel ($5-$25).

How can my student get to and from The Bridge?

Students find their way to and from The Bridge by way of a parent/guardian, by taking the PACE bus, or (in good weather) walking or riding their bike. For the safety of our students, we do not allow students to come and go if they did not drive themselves to The Bridge. We also restrict students from riding their bike or walking home after dark unless prior arrangements have been discussed with the parent/guardian and approved by a Bridge staff member. We also have a "Bridge Bus" that picks students up after school at select local schools. For more information, click here.