The Operations Manager oversees the facility needs and works alongside the Store Director in providing excellent guest services, overseeing store operations, and in leading the team, students, and volunteers. This position will be responsible for independently running all aspects of store operations in the absence of the Store Director. Atmosphere is fast-paced and systems-driven. Consistent lifting of donations is required. Applicants should be able to lift at least 20 lbs. repetitively each day.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBLITIES AND TASKS:
- Lead and direct the overall team in day to day operations and open / close the store 2-3 days per week.
- Provide lead support in both back and front of the house as assigned.
- Oversee and maintain store vehicle(s), including repairs, inspections and usage.
- Oversee all facility needs and conduct minor repairs / replacements including safety standards.
- Responsible for updates and maintenance of technology and other operational equipment.
- Responsible for ordering, maintaining usage levels of all store supplies (retail, cleaning etc.).
- Oversee relationship and performance of weekly cleaning crew, providing feedback and direction.
- Conduct weekly / monthly bank deposits drops and maintain “store” bank.
- Ensure all employee & customer documents and operational tools are updated and replenished.
- Lead ongoing scheduling of pick-up / deliverers for guest and vendors and manage the flow of merchandise.
- Oversee relationship and ongoing request for special pick-ups of recycled materials and other discards.
- Collaborate with the Assistant Manager/ Marketing in organization and maintain backstock.
AS A TEAM MEMBER:
- Regularly pray for the organization, our leadership, volunteers, and the students we serve.
- Demonstrate desired work ethic and expectation for the overall team in the area of sales, merchandising, stocking, guest satisfaction, awareness and the overall presence on the floor.
- Communicate and help meet budget by tracking/recording daily sales and team performance.
- Consistently create a safe and welcoming environment for team and guests by greeting, assisting, and thanking; as well as responding to guest inquiries and needs in a time sensitive manner.
- Ongoing education with a teachable heart and self-initiative in the retail industry.
- Other duties as assigned by the Store Director or Founder.
- Passion for the mission of The Bridge Teen Center.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; 3 – 5 years of retail experience.
- Strong, friendly and engaging verbal communication skills with an understanding of quality guest services.
- Strong leadership and management skills that can be balanced between staff, students, and volunteers.
- Outgoing personality and outwardly-focused mentality; Solid people skills.
- Ability to prioritize schedule, task and projects and meet necessary deadlines.
- Willingness to work hard at completing all tasks with excellence.
- Ability to clearly communicate issues before they become problems.
- Friendly, responsive, patient approach and a sense of humor.
- Heart for the spiritual, mental, physical and emotional growth of staff, students, and volunteers.
- Personal and professional integrity.
- Think clearly and creatively, especially when problem-solving.
Strong personal integrity and communication skills are required. Applicants should click the "Apply Now" button to submit an application, cover letter and resume. No phone calls or visits.