Human Resources Internship
GOAL OF POSITION:
Under the leadership of the Volunteer Coordinator, the intern will provide assistance with volunteer management, training and other human resource responsibilities for both The Bridge Teen Center and Thrift Store. The internship will heavily focus on elements of retention and recruitment.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- Assist the Volunteer Coordinator with scheduling, training, and appreciating volunteers.
- Assist with the volunteer application process by screening applications, setting up interview appointments, and observing interviews.
- Attend outreach and recruiting events such as job, college, and volunteer fairs.
- Create and post new social media posts to volunteer Facebook group.
- Update internship and volunteer online postings.
- Evaluate and propose new retention and recruitment policies in the department
- Build influential relationships with students and volunteers during programs.
- Assist in researching and maintaining volunteer department procedures.
- Process and organize department paperwork.
- Assist with the quarterly volunteer newsletter, including content and writing.
- Create monthly inspiration and update the “volunteer corner” bulletin boards.
- Recruit, interview, schedule, and lead basic training for students in job-readiness program.
- Provide daily administrative support, including answering phones, greeting guests and giving tours.
- Other duties as assigned by the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Passion for the mission of The Bridge Teen Center.
- Sensitivity to different opinions.
- A friendly, responsive, and patient approach.
- Personal and professional integrity.
- The ability to work well with individuals and groups of students.
- The ability to lift over 10 to 15 pounds.
- Clear and creative thinking.
- The ability to meet deadlines and complete all tasks with excellence.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including both writing and verbal.
- A sense of humor.
It is the desire of the Bridge Teen Center, through our internship program, for each student to experience hands-on training in a career area of interest and develop practical leadership skills for the future. We encourage interns to:
- Set personal goals for what they would like to accomplish during their internship.
- Have regular informational meetings with staff.
- Tackle all tasks with enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- Take advantage of opportunities to learn more about the organization.
- Gain exposure to new ideas and people (network).
- Not be afraid of asking questions.
- Take initiative.
HOW TO APPLY:
Click below to complete the Internship Application. In addition to completing the application, please upload your resume and cover letter. You will be contacted if your credentials match the needs of The Bridge Teen Center. This process may be prolonged due to the high volume of applications we receive. No phone calls or visits please.