GOAL OF POSITION:
Under the leadership of the Volunteer & Job Readiness Coordinator of The Bridge Thrift Store, the intern will provide assistance in the specific areas of marketing, communications, business, public relations, community outreach, event planning, operational procedures, and day-to-day operations.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- Provide operational support for The Bridge Thrift Store.
- Assist in developing operational procedures.
- Develop training guides for volunteer positions.
- Provide customer service as a cashier.
- Learn how to supervise the store floor during operational hours.
- Assist in the planning, scheduling, and implementation of meetings.
- Assist in the development and implementation of public relations/promotion/communication strategies to support program goals and increase community awareness.
- Assist in community outreach efforts.
- Other duties as assigned by the Volunteer & Job Readiness Coordinator & Store Director.
- Passion for the mission of The Bridge Thrift Store.
- Sensitivity to different opinions.
- A friendly, responsive, and patient approach.
- Personal and professional integrity.
- The ability to work well with individuals and groups.
- The ability to lift over 15 pounds.
- Clear and creative thinking.
- The ability to meet deadlines and complete all tasks with excellence.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including both writing and verbal.
- A sense of humor.
It is the desire of The Bridge Thrift Store, through our internship program, for each student to experience hands-on training in a career area of interest and develop practical leadership skills for the future. We encourage interns to:
- Set personal goals for what he/she would like to accomplish during their internship.
- Have regular informational meetings with staff.
- Tackle all tasks with enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- Take advantage of opportunities to learn more about the organization.
- Gain exposure to new ideas and people (network).
- Not be afraid of asking questions.
- Take Initiative.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications for prospective interns are available here. This file must be downloaded, completed, then saved. Completed applications, along with resumes and cover letters, should be emailed to [email protected]. You will be contacted if your credentials match the needs of The Bridge Teen Center. This process may be prolonged due to the high volume of applications we receive. No phone calls or visits please.