Event Planning & Management Internship
Under the leadership of the Program Director, the intern will provide assistance regarding planning, organizing, and implementing programs, Friday Night Live (FNL) events, and signature events .
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- Support the Program Team in creating themes, ideas, games, and events for Friday Night Live (FNL) events.
- Research event concepts and theme development for Friday night events.
- Be present for 2-3 Friday Night Live events per month, as scheduled.
- Assist in creating new program ideas and events for the following semester.
- Assist with event preparation and day-of execution, including creating planning guides and logistic timelines.
- Provide support in program and event logistics including gathering event supplies, set-up, and clean-up.
- Support the Program Team in developing and executing signature events, including Girls’ Night In, Guys’ Night In, and New Year’s Eve.
- Contribute to post-event reports.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Department regarding Friday Night event marketing and student involvement.
- Increase student program and event retention through facilitating tours, sending welcome cards, putting together new student prizes, and contributing innovative ideas on how to increase student involvement.
- Build influential relationships with teens during programs and events and assist on floor.
- Continue to build database of entertainment contacts and information.
- Help create hospitable environment for entertainment and vendors as requested.
- Provide administrative support for day to day operations when needed.
- Passion for the mission of The Bridge Teen Center.
- Sensitivity to different opinions.
- A friendly, responsive, and patient approach.
- Personal and professional integrity.
- The ability to lift more than 15 to 20 pounds.
- The ability to work well with individuals and groups of students.
- Clear and creative thinking.
- Competency in Microsoft Office and Google Workplace
- The ability to meet deadlines and complete all tasks with excellence.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including both writing and verbal.
- A sense of humor.
It is the desire of the Bridge Teen Center, through our internship program, for each student to experience hands-on training in a career area of interest and develop practical leadership skills for the future. We encourage interns to:
- Set personal goals for what they would like to accomplish during their internship.
- Have regular informational meetings with staff.
- Tackle all tasks with enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- Take advantage of opportunities to learn more about the organization.
- Gain exposure to new ideas and people (network).
- Not be afraid of asking questions.
- Take initiative.
HOW TO APPLY:
Click below to complete the Internship Application. In addition to completing the application, please upload your resume and cover letter. You will be contacted if your credentials match the needs of The Bridge Teen Center. This process may be prolonged due to the high volume of applications we receive. No phone calls or visits please.