Under the leadership of the Marketing Associate/Graphic Designer, the intern will provide assistance with in the specific areas of graphic design, marketing, public relations, development, and promotion of The Bridge Teen Center and The Bridge Thrift Store.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- Assisting in the planning and execution of desktop publishing needs for program promotion which includes: web banners, program flyers, posters, invitations, tickets, print materials, newsletters etc.
- Assisting with in-house program promotion strategies, including updating the in-house promotion materials on a weekly basis.
- Assisting the Marketing Department with all ongoing creative design projects.
- Help update and maintain the organizations website.
- Research trends and develop new ideas that can be explored and implemented.
- Organizing the library of photos and uploading pictures to the website.
- Assist Program staff in creating displays and design elements for events and programs.
- Other duties as assigned by the Marketing Department.
- Identifying high-quality photos and editing them.
- Ability to think outside of the box.
- Proficient in Adobe, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Resourcefulness, ability to take initiative, and able to work both independently and as a team.
- Highly organized, responsible, and detail oriented.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- B.S. degree in process for Art or Graphic Design.
- Photography skills
- Video and editing skills
- Passion for the mission of The Bridge Teen Center.
- Creativity and a vigorous work ethic.
- Sensitivity to different opinions.
- A friendly, responsive, and patient approach.
- Personal and professional integrity.
- The ability to work well with individuals and groups.
- The ability to meet deadlines and complete all tasks with excellence.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including both writing and verbal.
- A sense of humor.
It is the desire of the Bridge Teen Center, through our internship program, for each student to experience hands-on training in a career area of interest and develop practical leadership skills for the future. We encourage interns to:
- Set personal goals for what he/she would like to accomplish during their internship.
- Have regular informational meetings with staff.
- Tackle all tasks with enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- Take advantage of opportunities to learn more about the organization.
- Gain exposure to new ideas and people (network).
- Not be afraid of asking questions.
- Take initiative
HOW TO APPLY: Applications for prospective interns are available here. This file must be downloaded, completed, then saved. Completed applications, along with resumes and cover letters, should be emailed to [email protected]. You will be contacted if your credentials match the needs of The Bridge Teen Center. This process may be prolonged due to the high volume of applications we receive. No phone calls or visits please.