GOAL OF POSITION:
The Social Media & Communications Intern will have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow The Bridge Teen Center’s social media presence and make a big contribution to our Marketing Department. Under the Director of Marketing, the Social Media & Communications Intern will assist in the story telling of student programs, events, and promotion of upcoming student programs and fundraising events.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- Creating social media content that represents the brand message and personality of The Bridge Teen Center on our main social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, IG Stories, SnapChat, Twitter and LinkedIn.)
- Interacting with followers, local schools, and other accounts to keep engagement levels up.
- Researching and assisting with the implementation of social media strategies that promote programs and raise awareness of The Bridge Teen Center.
- Coordinating with the Marketing team regarding social media analytics, growth strategies, etc.
- Working with Graphic Designer and/or Media Intern on various video projects.
- Using social media management tools such as Hootsuite and Facebook Creator Studio. Not familiar? No problem, we’ll train you.
- Photographing and filming video footage of student programs and some Friday Night events that could be used for social media.
- Assisting with one Friday Night a month as needed.
- Assisting with community outreach and fundraising events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Marketing.
- Passion for the mission of The Bridge Teen Center.
- Willingness to stay active and current (on trends) with all relevant social media outlets.
- Creativity and a vigorous work ethic.
- Sensitivity to different opinions.
- A friendly, responsive, and patient approach.
- Personal and professional integrity.
- Reliable transportation.
- The ability to work well with individuals and groups.
- The ability to meet deadlines and complete all tasks with excellence.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including both writing and verbal.
- A sense of humor.
It is the desire of The Bridge Teen Center, through our internship program, for each student to experience hands-on training in a career area of interest and develop practical leadership skills for the future. We encourage interns to:
- Set personal goals for what he/she would like to accomplish during their internship.
- Have regular informational meetings with staff.
- Tackle all tasks with enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- Take advantage of opportunities to learn more about the organization.
- Gain exposure to new ideas and people (network).
- Not be afraid to ask questions.
- Take Initiative.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications for prospective interns are available here. This file must be downloaded, completed, then saved. Completed applications, along with resumes and cover letters, should be emailed to [email protected]. You will be contacted if your credentials match the needs of The Bridge Teen Center. This process may be prolonged due to the high volume of applications we receive. No phone calls or visits please.