Job Readiness Program Assistant
The Job Readiness Program Assistant will directly support the Job Readiness and Volunteer Coordinator at The Bridge Thrift Store, including the development of student leaders through the “Thriftastic” job readiness training program. This position reports directly to the Job Readiness and Volunteer Coordinator and will also work with the Store Director and team at The Bridge Thrift Store. This is a part-time position and would be scheduled weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays after school and at least two Saturdays per month.
ABOUT OUR CULTURE:
The Bridge is an innovative, nationally recognized nonprofit teen community center that provides free holistically designed afterschool programs and events. We were founded on and are driven by our Christian principles, and we provide an energetic, family-like work environment. Since 2010, we have served more than 11,500 different students and our operating budget for this fiscal year is $850,000. Our employees are referred to internally as “Gladiators” because we fight for the students we serve on a daily basis, and we adhere to the following values:
VALUES WE FIGHT FOR…
A fun, family-like, welcoming environment.
Create & ELEVATE
Innovation and quality of service.
Heart of SERVICE
Loving environment that fosters meaningful relationships and connections.
Doing things with PURPOSE
Intentional and holistic outcomes.
Attitude of EXCELLENCE
The “WOW” factor.
Teamwork and COLLABORATION
Supportive environment that consistently executes with excellence.
Completed (or in progress) bachelor’s degree in a related field is required with relevant experience. Experience working with teenagers (in a paid position or as a volunteer) and retail knowledge is preferred.
WILL SUPPORT THE FOLLOWING AREA:
- Will lead individual students in the Thriftastic program during scheduled hours. This includes maintaining workflow, setting goals, time management and helping students to develop skills per the curriculum.
- Responsible for guiding, training, and the ongoing evaluation of individual students in the job readiness program, per the Thriftastic Job Readiness program curriculum.
- Will help conduct student interviews and participate in the onboarding process of individual students - including orientation, training and first day experience.
- Will provide floor leadership and store operations support during student hours in an effort to keep skills sharp and create opportunities to connect with students.
- Consistently seek ways to make student volunteers feel appreciated and encouraged.
- Provide support for group and individual service opportunities during the year and Empowering Teens Month (November).
- Help with transitioning students from program to paid store positions.
- Provide feedback and ideas to help elevate the program by collaboration in creating helpful tools for program.
- Provide ongoing support in the data check-in process and help maintain accurate and updated student data.
- Work with the team to help create a library of skills to help students with specific challenges.
RESPONSIBILITIES AS A TEAM MEMBER INCLUDE:
- Regularly pray for the organization, our leadership, our volunteers, and those we serve.
- Assist with community outreach efforts, as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Communicate stories, successes and overall job readiness program insight to marketing and development staff for social media, public relations and fundraising purposes.
- Communicate clearly with store staff and leadership to address volunteer needs and issues in a timely manner.
- Provide support for The Bridge Teen Center's “Project Serve” student programs as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Job Readiness and Volunteer Coordinator
- Passion for the mission of The Bridge Teen Center.
- Heart for building/developing leadership skills in others, especially teenagers.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Ability to lead, motivate and encourage others.
- Outgoing, high energy, and able to connect with any generation.
- Ability to be a forward thinker, think outside the box, and not rest in routine.
- Outwardly-focused and team-oriented mentalities.
- Willingness to work hard at completing all tasks with excellence.
- Ability to clearly communicate issues before they become problems.
- Friendly, responsive and patient approach.
- Ability to develop authentic relationships with teens, parents, volunteers, and co-workers.
- Personal and professional integrity (even in social and online settings).
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals and groups.
- Think clearly and creatively, especially when problem-solving.
- Sense of humor.
Applicants should complete the online application and be ready to submit their resume at the end. No phone calls or visits. Candidates selected to move forward in our process will take a personality survey, be asked for personal and professional references, and participate in multiple interviews with staff and leadership.