VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR & PROGRAM ASSISTANT (FULL-TIME)
The Bridge Teen Center is an innovative, nationally recognized nonprofit teen community center that provides free holistically designed afterschool programs and events. We were founded on and are driven by our Christian principles, and we provide an energetic, family-like work environment. Since 2010, we have served more than 12,000 different students from 128 neighboring communities. Our employees are referred to internally as “Gladiators” because we fight for the students we serve on a daily basis, and we adhere to the following values:
ABOUT OUR CULTURE:
The Bridge Teen Center is an innovative, nationally-recognized nonprofit teen community center that provides free holistically-designed afterschool programs and events. We were founded on and are driven by our Christian principles, and we provide a fast-paced, family-like work environment. Since 2010, we have served more than 12,000 different students from 128 neighboring communities. Our employees are referred to internally as “Gladiators” because we fight for the students we serve on a daily basis, and we adhere to the following values:
VALUES WE FIGHT FOR…
A fun, family-like, welcoming environment.
Create & ELEVATE
Innovation and quality of service.
Heart of SERVICE
Loving environment that fosters meaningful relationships and connections.
Doing things with PURPOSE
Intentional and holistic outcomes.
Attitude of EXCELLENCE
The “WOW” factor.
Teamwork and COLLABORATION
Supportive environment that consistently executes with excellence.
Candidates must possess a degree in human resources, communications, youthwork or relevant work or volunteer experience in a related field. In addition, 2-3 years post-graduation volunteer or work experience in a related field is preferred. We are seeking a creative individual with a heart for ministry and local missions.
Under the direct leadership of the Executive Director, the Volunteer Coordinator will provide leadership in the recruitment, training, retention, coordination, and supervision of volunteers and interns for The Bridge Teen Center. The role of Program Assistant lends general leadership support to the program team under the supervision of the Program Directors. This position is salaried with paid vacation with the option of health and retirement.
WILL SERVE AS THE LEAD ON:
- Responsible for recruiting, interview processes, placing, training, evaluating and scheduling non-program volunteers and interns for The Bridge Teen Center.
- Process online volunteer applications in a timely manner and provide relevant applicants to the Thrift Store Volunteer Coordinator as quickly as possible.
- Recruit interns and manage the internship program, including initial and ongoing training.
- Update and maintain weekly internal shift schedule for all volunteers and interns.
- Maintain, execute, and seek ways to enhance the volunteer recruitment and retention plans.
- Maintain volunteer records and database and make sure automated hour tracking is functioning properly (with support from interns as needed).
- Work with the Executive Director & Program Director’s in developing ongoing training, education and team-building for volunteers for The Bridge Teen Center.
- In partnership with the marketing team and Thrift Store Volunteer Coordinator, provide content for The Bridge Teen Center’s ongoing Volunteer Newsletter (3 e-blast a year).
- Maintain a consistent and engaging social media presence in the Volunteer Facebook group; and communicate needs to marketing team for social media posts about volunteer opportunities, special announcements, etc.
- In partnership with The Bridge Thrift Store Volunteer Coordinator, plan and execute the annual Volunteer Appreciation amenities.
- Recruit and execute group volunteer projects at The Bridge Teen Center (such as cleaning groups, mailings, etc.).
- Will provide leadership one day on the floor during afterschool hours for student programs and volunteer / intern training.
- Provide appreciation, feedback and encouragement to non-program volunteers and interns.
- Maintain clean, well-organized and inviting volunteer stations and schedules.
- Communicate clearly with program team to address volunteer / intern needs and issues in a timely manner.
- Responsible for overseeing day of program and event set-up/tear down, providing training and leadership to interns and volunteers.
RESPONSIBILITIES AS A TEAM MEMBER INCLUDE:
- Regularly pray for the organization, our leadership, and those we serve.
- Will support Program Director in hosting tours and on boarding students for May Membership Month.
- Support administration of the student database, including student care data, misc. data entry and data clean-up as assigned.
- Work a minimum of one Friday night per month (will coordinate schedule with Director).
- Support program efforts when needed due to lack of volunteer support.
- Passion for the mission of The Bridge with a heart for ministry.
- Ability to be a forward thinker, think outside the box, and not rest in routine.
- Strong organizational, leadership and time management skills.
- Outwardly-focused and team-oriented mentalities.
- Ability to prioritize schedule, task and projects and meet necessary deadlines.
- Willingness to work hard at completing all tasks with excellence.
- Ability to clearly communicate issues before they become problems.
- Friendly, responsive and patient approach.
- Ability to develop authentic relationships with teens, parents, volunteers, and co-workers.
- Personal and professional integrity (even in social and online settings).
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals and groups.
- Think clearly and creatively, especially when problem-solving.
- Sense of humor.
- Knowledge of a teenager’s lifestyle; cultural trends that impact teens and their families.
Applicants should complete the online application and submit their resume. No phone calls or visits. Candidates selected to move forward in our process will take a personality survey, be asked for personal and professional references.