The Floor Lead will support the Store Director and the Supervising Team Member(s) in executing the operations of The Bridge Thrift Store and leading staff and volunteers. This position will be responsible for overseeing the Front of the House (FOH) of the Store and performing the day-to-day operations that are necessary for the Store to run smoothly. 15-20 hour/week position.
- Responsible for assisting or oversee opening/closing procedures and opening/closing registers.
- Oversee and awareness of day-to-day retail operations and completing other daily tasks and projects as assigned by Store Director.
- Maintain clean, organized Front of House (FOH) sales floor including dressing rooms and bathroom.
- Lead and direct the overall team during store operations or events and key positions/coverage is full at all times.
- Communicate with Back of House (BOH) regarding guest needs and items/departments that need to be stocked; all merchandise is to be stocked, maintained and clean.
- Consistently create a safe and welcoming environment for guests by greeting, assisting, and thanking; as well as responding to guest inquiries and needs in a time sensitive manner.
- Support ongoing training in the area of sales, safety, merchandising, stocking, guest satisfaction, awareness, the overall presence on the floor, and opening/closing checklists.
- Responsible to assist as needed, maintain and effectively oversee the accuracy of recorded transactions on the Cash Register Point of Sale (POS).
- Ensure all pricing, signage, impacts, and displays are creating the shopping experience with excellence.
- Help manage and control retail shrinkage.
- Help maintain and elevate merchandise quality as well as consistency in pricing.
- Help implement marketing displays, floor plans, campaigns and sales promotions in a timely manner.
- Assist in recruitment and training of store volunteers (supported by Director and Volunteer Coordinator).
- Other duties as assigned by the Store Director.
- Passion for the mission of The Bridge Teen Center.
- Strong, friendly and engaging verbal communication skills with an understanding of quality guest services.
- Strong leadership and time management skills that can be balanced between staff, students, and volunteers.
- Outgoing personality and outwardly-focused mentality; Solid people skills.
- Ability to prioritize schedule, task and projects and meet necessary deadlines.
- Willingness to work hard at completing all tasks with excellence.
- Ability to clearly communicate issues before they become problems.
- Friendly, responsive and patient approach.
- Heart for the spiritual, mental, physical and emotional growth of staff, students, and volunteers.
- Personal and professional integrity (even in social and online settings).
- Think clearly and creatively, especially when problem-solving.
- Sense of humor.
Strong personal integrity and communication skills are required. Applicants should click the purple "Apply Now" button to submit an application AND submit a resume to [email protected] Please, no phone calls or visits.