Full-Time Assistant Store Manager
The Assistant Manager will work alongside the Store Director in overseeing the operations of The Bridge Thrift Store in leading staff, students, and volunteers in providing excellent guest service. This position will be responsible for independently running all aspects of store operations and volunteer management in the absence of the Store Director. 3-5 years of retail experience required, 1+ years in management or leadership position preferred. 40 hours/week position
- Oversee day-to-day retail operations and other daily tasks/projects as assigned by Store Director.
- Lead and direct the overall team and sales during store operations and open the store one day per week.
- Consistently create a safe and welcoming environment for guests by greeting, assisting, and thanking; as well as responding to guest inquiries and needs in a time sensitive manner.
- Demonstrate desired work ethic and expectation for overall team in the area of sales, merchandising, stocking, guest satisfaction, awareness and the overall presence on the floor.
- Responsible to maintain and effectively oversee the accuracy of recorded transactions at Point of Sale (POS).
- Following protocol to maintain a clean, safe and organized store and back of the house environment.
- Ensure all pricing, signage, impacts, and displays are creating the shopping experience with excellence and reflect The Bridge’s brand.
- Help maintain and elevate merchandise quality as well as consistency in pricing.
- Help manage and control retail shrinkage.
- Provide back of house support to all systems, including the overall process of donated items in order to maintain a flow of merchandise.
- Provide support and oversee donation and pick-up scheduling/coordination as assigned by Store Director.
- Help meet annual budget and be responsible for tracking/recording day to day sales performance during shift.
- Help implement marketing displays, floor plans, campaigns and sales promotions in a timely manner.
- Provide ongoing training to student and adult store volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned by the Store Director or Bridge Teen Center leadership.
- Passion for the mission of The Bridge Teen Center.
- 3+ years’ experience in retail setting and 1+ year in management position.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; overall awareness of store at all times.
- Strong, friendly and engaging verbal communication skills with an understanding of quality guest services.
- Strong leadership and management skills that can be balanced between staff, students, and volunteers.
- Outgoing personality and outwardly-focused mentality; Solid people skills.
- Ability to prioritize schedule, task and projects and meet necessary deadlines.
- Willingness to work hard at completing all tasks with excellence.
- Ability to clearly communicate issues before they become problems.
- Friendly, responsive and patient approach.
- Heart for the spiritual, mental, physical and emotional growth of staff, students, and volunteers.
- Personal and professional integrity (even in social and online settings).
- Think clearly and creatively, especially when problem-solving.
- Sense of humor.
Strong personal integrity and communication skills are required. Applicants should click the "Apply Now" button to submit an application, cover letter and resume. No phone calls or visits.