Volunteer Bus Drivers Needed
Posted on Aug 3 2021 by Aaron Heldt
At this time, due to lack of volunteer drivers, free bus transportation will only be offered on Tuesdays at select local schools. To expand service to Wednesdays and Thursdays, more help is needed. Volunteer bus drivers are needed on Wednesdays & Thursdays between 2:00pm and 4:00pm.
Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to follow assigned routes (Orland Park, Tinley Park, Frankfort, Oak Forest)
- Must be able to commit to at least one day a week
- Must be 25 and older
- Experience driving a large SUV or van is a plus
- A CDL and/or special certification is NOT required
- Must complete a volunteer application, background check and an in-person interview
- Passion for the mission of The Bridge Teen Center
- Valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record
- Sensitivity to different opinions
- A friendly, responsive, and patient approach
- The ability to work well with junior high and high school students
- A sense of humor
We ask that all interested individuals send an email to [email protected] and complete a Volunteer Application below.
About our Bus
The Bridge bus is a 2017 Ford Starlite Transit 14 Passenger Bus. It was donated by Midwest Transit Equipment of Kankakee in 2018. Our bus comes complete with AC for those hot September days and heat for all the other months, seatbelts for all passengers, a nifty back-up camera, CD/AM/FM radio and a super fun button to open and close the main passenger door. Want to see it in person before committing? Let us know!