Sales Associates are responsible for ensuring all guests have an extremely positive impression of (and experience shopping at) The Bridge Thrift Store. They will work alongside the Co-Founder/Store Director and Assistant Manager in serving guest needs, creating a community atmosphere and supporting the sales floor. This position is open to high school students who are at least 16 years old. 15-20 hours/week position.
- Consistently provide a friendly and welcoming environment for guests by greeting and thanking them; as well as quickly responding to guests’ inquiries and needs.
- Follow all protocol and efficiently record transactions at the Cash Register Point of Sale (POS), accept money (or credit card) for purchases and provide accurate/exact change.
- Serve as the face of the store at check-out, making sure all guests feel like difference-makers.
- Responsible for maintaining cash register area order and cleanliness.
- Continuously keeping the sales floor appearance tidy and organized, including organizing racks and shelves, arranging displays, dusting or vacuuming and stocking inventory.
- Help support and assist with training assigned volunteers and students on working the cash register.
- Provide leadership and display a heart of service in working with students to help them learn, grow, and accomplish their objectives.
- Other duties as assigned by the Co-Founder/Store Director.
- Passion for the mission of The Bridge Teen Center.
- Strong, friendly and engaging verbal communication skills with an understanding of quality guest services.
- Outgoing personality and outwardly-focused mentality; Solid people skills.
- Ability to prioritize schedule, task and projects and meet necessary deadlines.
- Willingness to work hard at completing all tasks with excellence.
- Ability to clearly communicate issues before they become problems.
- Friendly, responsive and patient approach.
- Personal and professional integrity (even in social and online settings).
- Think clearly and creatively, especially when problem-solving.
- Sense of humor.