Part-Time Sales Associate
Sales Associates are responsible for ensuring all guests have an extremely positive impression of (and experience shopping at) The Bridge Thrift Store. They will work alongside the Co-Founder/Store Director and Assistant Manager in serving guest needs, creating a community atmosphere and supporting the sales floor. This position is open to high school students who are at least 16 years old. 15-20 hours/week position.
- Consistently provide a friendly and welcoming environment for guests by greeting and thanking them; as well as quickly responding to guests’ inquiries and needs.
- Follow all protocol and efficiently record transactions at the Cash Register Point of Sale (POS), accept money (or credit card) for purchases and provide accurate/exact change.
- Serve as the face of the store at check-out, making sure all guests feel like difference-makers.
- Responsible for maintaining cash register area order and cleanliness.
- Continuously keeping the sales floor appearance tidy and organized, including organizing racks and shelves, arranging displays, dusting or vacuuming and stocking inventory.
- Help support and assist with training assigned volunteers and students on working the cash register.
- Provide leadership and display a heart of service in working with students to help them learn, grow, and accomplish their objectives.
- Other duties as assigned by the Co-Founder/Store Director.
- Passion for the mission of The Bridge Teen Center.
- Strong, friendly and engaging verbal communication skills with an understanding of quality guest services.
- Outgoing personality and outwardly-focused mentality; Solid people skills.
- Ability to prioritize schedule, task and projects and meet necessary deadlines.
- Willingness to work hard at completing all tasks with excellence.
- Ability to clearly communicate issues before they become problems.
- Friendly, responsive and patient approach.
- Personal and professional integrity (even in social and online settings).
- Think clearly and creatively, especially when problem-solving.
- Sense of humor.
Strong personal integrity and communication skills are required. Applicants should click the purple "Apply Now" button to submit an application AND submit a resume to [email protected] No phone calls or visits.