Under the leadership of the Executive Director and the Director of Programming & Student Care, the intern will provide assistance regarding the planning, organization, and implementation of various art projects relating to Friday night programs and special events.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- Building influential relationships with teens during programs, especially expressive arts programs.
- Assisting the Director of Programming & Student Care to plan, organize, and implement Friday nights and Signature Events.
- Providing support in setting up/cleaning up after events and programs.
- Contributing original ideas and facilitating expressive arts activities in Art Studio during Friday nights and afterschool hours.
- Maintaining welcoming and inspirational environment in Art Studio, including keeping clean and organized workspace and proper care of art supplies.
- Assisting in creating new program ideas and events for the following semester.
- Assisting in community outreach efforts.
- Providing administrative support for day to day operations when needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Programming & Student Care.
- Passion for the mission of The Bridge Teen Center.
- Sensitivity to different opinions.
- A friendly, responsive, and patient approach.
- Personal and professional integrity.
- The ability to work well with individuals and groups of students.
- The ability to lift more than 15 to 20 pounds.
- Clear and creative thinking.
- The ability to meet deadlines and complete all tasks with excellence.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including both writing and verbal.
- A sense of humor.
- Resourcefulness with materials on hand.
- Diverse skillset for art and design with the ability to adhere to branding guidelines.
It is the desire of the Bridge Teen Center, through our internship program, for each student to experience hands-on training in a career area of interest and develop practical leadership skills for the future. We encourage interns to:
- Set personal goals for what he/she would like to accomplish during their internship.
- Have regular informational meetings with staff.
- Tackle all tasks with enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- Take advantage of opportunities to learn more about the organization.
- Gain exposure to new ideas and people (network).
- Not be afraid of asking questions.
- Take initiative.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications for prospective interns are available here. This file must be downloaded, completed, then saved. Completed applications, along with resumes and cover letters, should be emailed to [email protected]. You will be contacted if your credentials match the needs of The Bridge Teen Center. This process may be prolonged due to the high volume of applications we receive. No phone calls or visits please.