COVID-19 Safety Measures
Posted on Jun 26 2020 by Aaron Heldt
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, The Bridge Teen Center will implement new health and safety requirements to keep students, volunteers and staff as safe and healthy as possible. These guidelines include:
- Practice Social Distancing. All students should stay 6 feet away from others while at the center.
- Masks Required. Face coverings for your mouth AND nose are required.
- Limited Touching. Please limit what you touch and use sanitization stations as needed.
- Health Check-Ins. Upon entering, students will be asked basic health questions and have their temperature taken using an infrared thermometer. Out of respect for others, if you don't feel well, stay home!
- COVID-19 Questionnaire. Every 2 weeks, students will be required to complete a C-19 questionnaire in their online student portal.
- Limited Students. The number of students allowed at The Bridge will be limited. All programs and events require advance sign up. Students may sign up for 1 program a day and only 2 programs per week. Click here to see our summer programs.
A number of physical changes and changes to protocol are being executed inside our facility in an effort to create the healthiest environment possible for students. For a visual overview, watch the video below.
- Sneeze Guards - have been installed in 15 locations around the facility - even on our foosball table!
- Bathrooms Retrofitted - with touch-free sinks, soap/towel dispensers, seat covers and antimicrobial toilet seats.
- Hand-Washing Stations - will be available outside our entrance for students to use before entry.
- Sanitization Stations - have been place around our facility for quick and easy cleaning.
- Socially Distant Seating - couches have been removed and replaced with chairs throughout our space.
- Safety Signage - social distancing stickers and safety signage have been added throughout the facility.
- Additional Gaming Supplies - have been added in order to safely clean after each use.
- Cafe Modifications - iPads have been removed at the cafe and all food and beverages sold will be prepackaged.
- Masks - EVERYONE, including students, will be required to wear a face mask inside and around the facility.
We would like to thank those who helped support our safety modifications, including: NuMark Credit Union and Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago, PolyJohn, Custom Plate Glass in Posen, ProMedSupply.com, and those who purchased items from our Amazon “Post Pandemic” Wish List.