VOLUNTEER & JOB READINESS PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Full-Time Position Description (Salaried; Health and Retirement Benefit Package)
ABOUT OUR CULTURE:
The Bridge Teen Center is an innovative, nationally-recognized nonprofit teen community center that provides free holistically-designed afterschool programs and events. We were founded on and are driven by our Christian principles, and we provide an energetic, family-like work environment. Since 2010, we have served more than 7,000 different students and our operating budget for this fiscal year is $830,000. Our employees are referred to internally as “Gladiators” because we fight for the students we serve on a daily basis, and we adhere to the following values:
VALUES WE FIGHT FOR…
A fun, family-like, welcoming environment.
Create & ELEVATE
Innovation and quality of service.
Heart of SERVICE
Loving environment that fosters meaningful relationships and connections.
Do things with PURPOSE
Intentional and holistic outcomes.
Attitude of EXCELLENCE
The “WOW” factor.
Supportive environment that consistently executes with excellence.
The Volunteer & Job Readiness Program Coordinator will oversee all aspects of the volunteer program at The Bridge Thrift Store, including the development of student leaders through the “Thriftastic” job readiness training program. This position reports directly to the Executive Director of The Bridge Teen Center and the Store Director of The Bridge Thrift Store.
A Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required with 2-3 years of relevant experience. Experience working with teenagers (in a paid position or as a volunteer), volunteer management experience and retail knowledge is preferred. Applicants are asked to submit a resume to email@example.com. No phone calls or visits please.
WILL SERVE AS THE LEAD ON:
- Responsible for recruiting, interview processes, placing, training, evaluating and scheduling of adult volunteers at The Bridge Thrift Store.
- Responsible for taking the lead on the overall development and implementation of the job readiness program, including recruitment, interviewing, training and ongoing evaluation (with Executive Director input).
- Process online volunteer applications in a timely manner as received from the Volunteer Coordinator at The Bridge Teen Center. Maintain volunteer applications and data in an organized and efficient manner.
- Update and maintain weekly internal shift schedule for all adult volunteers, student volunteers and groups.
- Work in partnership with the Volunteer Coordinator at The BTC to maintain, execute, and seek ways to enhance the volunteer recruitment and retention plans (communicating plans with marketing department as needed).
- Provide floor leadership and store operations support (and training support as needed) in an effort to keep skills sharp and create opportunities to connect with student and adult volunteers.
- Create ongoing content for bulletin boards and stations that keeps volunteers feeling appreciated, engaged and educated about BTC programming and guest relations/service (graphic design support may be requested).
- In partnership with The BTC Volunteer Coordinator, plan and execute the annual Volunteer Appreciation Dinner and Volunteer Appreciation Week efforts.
- Take the lead on annual “Spring Into Service” initiative with student volunteer groups.
- Recruit and execute ongoing student and adult group volunteer projects at The Bridge Thrift Store.
- Consistently seek ways to make volunteers feel appreciated and encouraged (using volunteer retention plan).
RESPONSIBILITIES AS A TEAM MEMBER INCLUDE:
- Regularly pray for the organization, our leadership, our volunteers, and those we serve.
- Provide ongoing support to the Store Director on the sales floor and assist with training on the sales floor.
- Assist with community outreach efforts, as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Communicate stories, successes and overall job readiness program insight to marketing and development staff for social media, public relations and fundraising purposes.
- Interview, train and manage store interns (in partnership with the Volunteer Coordinator at The BTC).
- Work with the Executive Director & Store Director in developing ongoing training, education and team-building for volunteers for The Bridge Thrift Store.
- Communicate clearly with store staff and leadership to address volunteer needs and issues in a timely manner.
- Assist with providing content for the ongoing “Thrifty Times” Newsletter (in partnership with marketing dept.).
- Collaborate with BTC staff on planning/execution of “Drive Out Bullying” initiative in October.
- Provide support for BTC “Project Serve” student programs as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of The Bridge Teen Center or Store Director.
- In an effort to stay connected to students, this position will be required to work two Friday nights at The Bridge Teen Center and one Saturday at The Bridge Thrift Store each month (schedule coordinated w/Executive Director).
- Passion for the mission of The Bridge Teen Center.
- Heart for building/developing leaderships skills in others, especially teenagers.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Ability to lead, motivate and encourage others.
- Outgoing, high energy, and able to connect with any generation.
- Ability to be a forward thinker, think outside the box, and not rest in routine.
- Outwardly-focused and team-oriented mentalities.
- Willingness to work hard at completing all tasks with excellence.
- Ability to clearly communicate issues before they become problems.
- Friendly, responsive and patient approach.
- Ability to develop authentic relationships with teens, parents, volunteers, and co-workers.
- Personal and professional integrity (even in social and online settings).
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals and groups.
- Think clearly and creatively, especially when problem-solving.
- Sense of humor.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates selected to move forward in our process will take a personality survey, be asked for personal and professional references, and participate in multiple interviews with staff and leadership. No phone calls or visits, please.
Competitive compensation package based on experience. Package includes employer-paid health benefits (for employee only, with option to purchase family benefits), a retirement plan (employer-matched up to 3%), plus a generous paid time off package.