Summer’s Top Ten List
Posted by Priscilla Steinmetz on September 10, 2010 in Gratitude Journal
This summer's top ten list of gratefulness is:
10. The bathroom sink only cost us $15 three days before we opened.
9. Illinois Student Assistance Commission came twice this summer to help students figure out "What Do You Want To Be When You Grow-Up?"
8. Meijer's chef and nutritionist came to teach "Healthy Summer Snacks" and giving us a tour of the NuVal system at Meijer on July 29.
7. Staff from Hershey's donated their expertise and time to put on "Sweet Success: Getting the Job" June 16.
6. All of the businesses and people from the community who contributed time, resources and money to remodel the storefront facility (check out our tribute wall when you visit).
5. The Board (and Junior Board) for their ongoing "blood, sweat, and tears" to make the mission of The Bridge a reality.
4. The villages of Tinley Park and Orland Park opening their arms to support our presence in the community.
3. Without the gifts of our donors we wouldn't exist--from the small anonymous gifts to the larger donations from Meijer and the Andrew Family Children's Public Foundation.
2. Generously, 27 people from the community now volunteer their time and skills on a regular basis at The Bridge.
1. We OPENED our first facility! On June 4 we celebrated our ribbon cutting followed by the Grand Opening on June 5.