Part-Time Program Assistant
Under the leadership of the Executive Director and Program Director, the Program Assistant will provide support and leadership in the specific area of leading and serving students, along with daily operations. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
Will Serve as the Lead On:
- Regularly pray for the organization, our leadership, and those we serve.
- Help lead and oversee activity on the floor during program hours as assigned.
- Available to work 2-3 Friday nights each month (“Friday Night Live” student events).
- Ability to execute and manage games and activities during student hours with enthusiasm.
- Welcoming students (and parents), overseeing membership process, and directing to assigned program/events to insure a safe, warm, and welcoming environment.
- Make introductions, help kick-off programs, and monitor programs to maintain flow during hours.
- Oversee and contribute to set up and clean up after events and programs.
- Provide information and guidance to parents or adults in keeping with our safety policies during student hours.
- Build influential relationships with teens and manage student behavior.
- Provide program administrative support for day to day operations, if needed.
- Alert senior staff members to any volunteer/student situations or behavior that needs special attention.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director or the Program Director.
Responsibilities as a Team Member Include:
- Collaborate with Program Team in providing feedback for creating new program ideas and events.
- Collaborate with Program Team and assist with ongoing training of volunteers and interns (including program volunteers).
- Provide support and commitment to the overall leadership team and staff to help maintain BTC culture and standard of excellence.
- Passion for the mission of The Bridge Teen Center.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Reliable in every aspect of responsibilities from start to finish.
- Outgoing personality and outwardly-focused mentality.
- Ability to prioritize schedule, task and projects and meet necessary deadlines.
- Willingness to work hard at completing all tasks with excellence.
- Ability to clearly communicate issues before they become problems.
- Friendly, responsive and patient approach.
- Ability to develop authentic relationships with teens, parents, volunteers, and co-workers.
- Heart for the spiritual, mental, physical and emotional growth of a teenager.
- Personal and professional integrity (even in social and online settings).
- Think clearly and creatively, especially when problem-solving.
- Sense of humor.